Practical implementation of the SWEEP-session of Stimulation-Registration in CI fitting
Published: 11 October, 2017 | Volume 1 - Issue 1 | Pages: 013-015
Levels of electrically evoked stapedial reflex thresholds (eESRTs) are frequently used as most comfortable levels (MCL) in cochlear implant fitting. The problem of routine one-channel-technique of reflexometry is long duration of this procedure. In order to “compress the time” we suggest method of consecutive stimulation of all electrodes of implant with simultaneous registration of stapedial reflexes-SWEEP-session. Practical implementation of the SWEEP-session is described here. This method has been successfully used in several hundred CI patients. Registration of evoked electrical stapedial reflex thresholds (eESRTs) during CI fitting is long procedure. In order to “compress the time” we suggest our SWEEP-session method. Practical implementation of this SWEEP-session is described here in accordance with the patent of Russian Federation.
Read Full Article HTML
Cite this Article
Read Full Article PDF
Cochlear implantation; Fitting; Most comfortable level; Stapedial reflex; Sweep stimulation-registration
- Dayhes NA, Pashkov AV, Petrov SM, Yanov UK. The way of parameters settings of speech processor of cochlear implantation system. Patent of Russian Federation. 2008; 2325142.
- Ianov IuK, AnikinIA, Kuzovkov VE, Petrov SM. et al. The objective method of stapedial reflex recording during surgery for cochlear implantation. Vestn Otorinolaringol. 2013; 2: 8-10. Ref.: https://goo.gl/LWudQg
- Petrov SM. The perception of the frequency of tonal stimuli in a lesion of the sound-perceiving apparatus. Fiziol Cheloveka. 1998; 24: 38-41. Ref.: https://goo.gl/VPRUcq
- Bresnihan М, Norman G, Scott F, Viani L. Measurement of comfort levels by means of electrical stapedial reflex in children. Arch. Otolaryngol. Head Neck Surg. 2001; 127: 963-966. Ref.: https://goo.gl/DZmczz
- Petrov SM. Objective methods of fitting speech processors of cochlear implants Combi-40/40+ and Tempo+: Impedance technique. Vestn Otorinolaringol. 2007; 5: 20-22. https://goo.gl/ix9tft
- Petrov SM, Schukina AA. Method of the speech processor fitting. Patent of Russian Federation. 2009; 23520844.
- Petrov SM, Tsjuk AA. Instruction for audiologists and cochlear implanted patients. 2015; 52.